Sunday, September 15, 2013

Leftover stir fry

Usually once a week I stare into an empty refrigerator and wonder what I'm going to cook for dinner. My solution is often a stir fry using whatever I happen to have left before we make our weekly trip to the grocery store.


For this stir fry, I used cauliflower leftover from my curry dish, white onion, green onion, cashews, and some asparagus my husband had in the freezer. I sautéed it until the veggies were soft, and then I added ground chili paste to taste (spicy!) and Bragg's Liquid Aminos. I topped it with a little soy sauce before eating.

I am obsessed with stir fries because of their simplicity and versatility. I sometimes buy stir fry sauce when I want to change things up, but I generally prefer adding just chili paste or red pepper flakes, Bragg's and soy sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment